Monday, September 11, 2006




















Quotes By Muhammad Ali
*********************************

1. "Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside of them: a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger."

2. "The fight is won or lost faw away from witnesses--behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights."

3. "Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even."

4. "I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'don't quit, suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.'"

5. "To be able to give away riches is mandatory if you wish to possess them. This is the only way that you will be truly rich."

6. "The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."

7. "If they can make penicillin out of muddy bread, they can sure make something out of you."

8. "The man who has no imagination has no wings."

9. "He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life."

10. "Silence is golden when you can't think of a good answer."

11. "Love is a net that catches hearts like a fish."

12. "Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth."

13. "I know where I'm going and I know the truth, and I don't have to be what you want me to be. I'm free to be what I want."

14. "It's lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges, and I believed in myself."

15. "Prejudice comes from being in the dark, sunlight disinfects it."

16. Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's Just plain wrong."

17. "Rivers, ponds, lakes and streams--they all have different names, but they all contain water. Just as all religions--they all contain truths."

18. "A rooster crows only when it sees the light. Put him in the dark and he'll never crow. I have seen the light and I'm crowing."

19. "Old age is Just a record of one's whole life."

20. "We have one life; it soon will be past, what we do for God is all that will last."

21. "I believe in the religion of Islam. I believe in Allah and peace."

22. "I am a Muslim. I've been a Muslim for 20 years...You know me for being a boxer and a man of truth. I wouldn't be here representing Islam if it were terrorist. I think all people should know the truth, come to recognize the truth. Islam is peace." [Muhammad Ali speaking on September 21, 2001 at a fundraiser for victims of the WTC and Pentagon attacks].

23. "I am America. I am the part you won't recognize, but get used to me. Black, confident, cocky--My name, not yours. My religion, not yours. My goals, my own. Get used to me."

24. "Cassius Clay is a slave name. I didn't choose it, and I don't want it. I am Muhammad Ali, a free name--It means beloved of Gof--And I insist people use it when speaking to me and of me."

25. "What's my name, fool? What's my name?" [What Ali kept saying while winning a 1967 decision against Ernie Terrell, who had insisted on calling him Cassius Clay].

26. "No Vietnamese called me nigger." [Muhammad Ali's comment when asked why he refused to fight in Vietnam].

27. "It's not bragging if you you can back it up."

and, lastly:

28. "If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up an apologize."

No comments: