Thursday, November 24, 2005

Liquid Drop Of Soul

Just a single drop you see
fallen from the heart of me
but in this liquid drop of soul
are my emotions in a whole...



It falls from truth and verity
It falls from loves own clarity
It falls from hope's sincerity
It falls from souls deep rarity...



It slowly trails across my cheek
control of sorrow I do seek
but fail so perfectly and so well
It's not yet time to sadness quell...



It falls for distance and for time
It falls for one more heartfelt rhyme
It falls for heights I cannot climb
If falls for love of ours sublime...



A drop of life of mine from deep
of heart so full, no more would keep
and so this tear it had to be
shed from deep inside of me...



It falls for stolen months and days
It falls for nights of lonely grays
It falls for pain in many ways
It falls for hope still firm ablaze...


(unknown author)

No comments: